“Learning and growing together”
PE & Sport Premium
PE & Sport Funding 2018-2019
Our school will be funded £16,000 for the academic year 2018-19 plus £10 per Primary pupil.
Schools must use this funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport that we offer.
Further details are available about the conditions of this grant by accessing the following website https:www.gov.uk/guidance/pe-and-sport-premium-for-primary-schools
How did we spend the PE and Sport Premium last year and what will we spend it on next year?
What is the PE and Sport Premium?
The Government provides funding of £150 million per annum to provide new, substantial primary school sport funding. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport and will see money going directly to primary schools to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
The sports funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Purpose of the extra funding
Schools must spend the funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they have the freedom to choose how to do this.
Possible uses for the funding include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- new or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
- providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs
To see details of what the PE and Sport Premium is please click here